Dr. Paul Roberts is a research collaborator in Cambridge University
Engineering Department. He works for Sagentia Ltd., a
technology consultancy company based in Cambridge, UK, part
of the Sagentia Group. He is also a member of Emmanuel College.
His research interests include design, modelling and control of
electrical machines and actuators, particularly the
Brushless Doubly-Fed (Induction) Machine (BDFM).
A Study of
Brushless Doubly-Fed (Induction) Machines: Contributions in Machine
Analysis, Design and Control
- P. C. Roberts, R. A. McMahon, P. J. Tavner, J. M. Maciejowski and
T. J. Flack. Equivalent circuit
for the Brushless Doubly-Fed Machine (BDFM) including parameter
Proc. IEE B - Elec. Power App., vol. 152, Issue 4, pp932-942, July 2005
- R. A. McMahon, P. C. Roberts, P. J. Tavner, and X. Wang. Performance of BDFM as a
generator and motor Proc. IEE B - Elec. Power App., vol. 153,
Issue 2, pp289-299, March 2006
- P. C. Roberts, T. J. Flack, J. M. Maciejowski, and R. A. McMahon. Two stabilising control strategies for the brushless doubly-fed machine (BDFM). In Int. Conf. Power Electronics, Machines and Drives, pages 341-346. IEE, April 2002.
- E. Abdi-Jalebi, P. C. Roberts, and R. A. McMahon. Real-time rotor
bar current measurement using a rogowski coil transmitted using
wireless technology. In 18th Intl. Power Systems Conf. (PSC2003),
Iran, volume 5, pages 1-9, October 2003.
- P. C. Roberts, E. Abdi-Jalebi, R. A. McMahon, and T. J. Flack. Real-time rotor bar current measurements using bluetooth technology for a brushless doubly-fed machine (bdfm). In Int. Conf. Power Electronics, Machines and Drives, volume 1, pages 120-125. IEE, March 2004.
- P. C. Roberts, R. A. McMahon, P. J. Tavner, J. M. Maciejowski,
T. J. Flack, and X. Wang. Performance of Rotors for the
Brushless Doubly-fed (induction) Machine (BDFM). In Proc. 16th
Int. Conf. Electrical Machines (ICEM), 5th-8th September 2004, Cracow,
- P. C. Roberts, J. M. Maciejowski, R. A. McMahon, T. J. Flack. A simple rotor current observer with an arbitrary rate of convergence
for the Brushless Doubly-Fed (Induction) Machine (BDFM). In
Proc. Proc. IEEE Joint CCA, ISIC, CACSD, September 2-4 2004,
- X. Wang, P. C. Roberts and R. A. McMahon. Studies of inverter ratings of BDFM adjustable
drive or generator systems Proc. IEEE Conf. Power
Electronics and Drive Systems (PEDS) 2005, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia 28th
Nov - 1st Dec 2005
- X. Wang, P. C. Roberts and R. A. McMahon. Optimisation of BDFM Stator Design Using an
Equivalent Circuit Model and a Search Method Proc. Int. Conf. Power Electronics, Machines and Drives (PEMD),
vol. 1, pp. 606-610, Clontarf
Castle, Dublin, Ireland, 4th-6th April
- R. A. McMahon, X. Wang, E. Abdi-Jalebi, P.J. Tavner, P. C. Roberts
and M. Jagiela The BDFM as a Generator in Wind
Turbines Int. Conf. Power
Electronics and Motion Control Conference (EPE-PEMC), Portoroz, Solvenia, 30th
August - 1st September 2006
- P. J. Tavner, R. A. McMahon, P. C. Roberts, E. Abdi-Jalebi,
X. Wang, M. Jagiela, T. Chick Rotor &
Design Performance for a BDFM. In Proc. 17th
Int. Conf. Electrical Machines (ICEM), 2nd-5th September 2006, Chania,
Crete, Greece paper no. 439
- D. Feng, P. Roberts, R. McMahon Control Study on
Starting of BDFM. In Proc. 41st International Universities Power Engineering
Conference (UPEC) 2006, 6th-8th September 2006, Northumbria
University, Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
LaTeX PDF Manuals and Documents
Local and Personal Infomation
Click here for faq.
Click here for my personal page.
Information for clients [AUTHORISED USERS ONLY]
If you have been asked to access password-protected areas of this
site, click here.
Department Address: University of Cambridge,
Department of Engineering, Trumpington Street, Cambridge
Telephone: +44 1223 3 39222
Fax: +44 1223 3 32662
Updated: Tue May 25 22:00 200
P.C. Roberts -